Sunday, March 23, 2014

40 in 40 (2014) week 3

Lot's of cute patterns this week, including one that I created accidentally in an attempt to modify another.  Let's get started!

First is this cutie from Alice and the Mock Turtle called the Itty Bitty Bow Beanie.  I love the cute little bow on it.  This example worked in grey and purple Simply Soft yarn  looks so sophisticated in my opinion. Super simple to work up.


Next is the Sweet Striped Crochet Hat from Tamara Kelley.  It is available in sizes infant to adult.  It can easily be made for a boy or a girl and since it uses a size I hook and worsted weight yarn it is a quick project.  It has an interesting pattern as you can see:


But the joins make that part look a bit sloppy.  Of course, that could just be me.....


Then there is the Newborn Baby Girl Hat designed by Tanya Lapatsina available as a free Ravelry download.  



As you can see, this is a bit small for a newborn hat, but would probably fit a preemie.  I really like the leaf design on the hat, but stretched like this to fit a newborn head it just seems to be oddly sized.  If I make it again I would add another 6-8 stitches to the foundation row and a few more rounds to add some height.  

Then I tried to work a pattern in the round that was written to be worked flat.  Had some trouble with it and ended up just doing my own thing, which led to the Unisex Reversible Baby Hat pattern.  I'll give the original pattern another try next week....


It's available in multiple sizes from small preemie to 12 months.

Then I made the Camilla Babe Hat designed by Cathy Payson.  I cast on 51 stitches to give me a newborn size and adjusted the pattern repeats.  I worked in the pattern until the hat was about 4.25 inches and then began the decreases.  I love the Patons Beehive Baby Sport yarn I used in this pattern.  It is so and light!


And the final hat this week, the Textured Baby Hat from Sarah Al-Amri.  Also available as a free Ravelry Download.  I chose to work it in 2 colors.  This one is my husband's favorite hat so far.  


And that's it for this week.  Still looking for some cute boy patterns....

 Until next time,