Tuesday, February 17, 2015

40 in 40 starts tomorrow!!

The 2015 challenge starts tomorrow, with the first day of Lent.  I have been scouring the web for new patterns, and I have a couple of new patterns of my own for you too.  As a special gift for those of you that are participating in the challenge, my original designs for this year will be FREE until Easter, so be on the look out for them.

I wanted to give you a heads up as to which patterns I will be working on this week.  Next Monday I'll post pics of the completed hats and my notes concerning them.  So grab your yarn, hooks and needles and lets get ready to start!

This week's patterns will include:
The Scallop Hat from Beginner Crochet Patterns.  This pattern has TONS of images to help you along and it appears to be a great project for a beginner.









The Pigtail Topknot Baby Hat designed by Kathy North.  I've made this hat in the past and it works up quickly and yet looks nice as well.







This will be the first year that I have included an adult hat in the challenge.  The Sweetheart Hat designed by JoEllyn Wheeler was suggested by one of my Facebook followers.  (Thanks Diane!)  While this pattern is free, it does require a membership at FreePatterns.com, also free.  It's worth the time to join as they offer a lot of great patterns for a variety of crafts!






And the final hat for this week will be unveiled Saturday, the first on my planned release of original designs.  It will be called the Ellie hat, but here is a sneak peak for you.

Until next time,